Serengeti is an international software development nearshoring and outsourcing consulting company founded in 2007 in Zagreb, Croatia.
We provide technology consulting and software development services to clients from Croatia and abroad, with the focus on the Western European market. Our core business is the development and maintenance of complex enterprise business applications. We build engineering teams with a strong focus on domain knowledge and technical expertise. Due to our distinctive model of outsourcing, we have become a valued partner for companies in the financial, logistics, energy, public administration, healthcare, and industrial manufacturing sectors.
We are continuously growing in revenue, employee count, and level of expertise. Our customers recognize us for our unique, custom-made customer approach as we aim to build strong, long term relationships that result in win-win-win outcome for all -our customers, our employees, and Serengeti.
Due to our continuous growth, we are searching for an experienced and dedicated Senior Accounting Specialist (m/f).
We are looking for ambitious, dynamic and self-driven candidates who are able to work independently, with solid finance and accounting knowledge and proven analytical skills and experience.
Your tasks and responsibilities will mostly include:
• Participating in the preparation of annual financial statements
• Preparing reports per the internal management requirements
• Preparing reports and calculations for all financial and government institutions (FINA, HNB)
• Responsible for following up and implementing the local tax and financial legislation and regulation
• Analysing costs and expenses, controlling payroll and allowances
• Preparing VAT calculations and account reconciliations
• Calculating and controlling withholding tax, controlling international treaties to avoid double taxation
• Preparing inventory of fixed assets, accounting for depreciation
• Preparing documentation for audit
• Participating in budgeting and providing accurate and timely information
• Supervising of co-workers in the department
• Complying with deadlines
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience on a similar position
• BS degree in Accounting or Finance
• Comprehensive accounting knowledge
• Up to date knowledge of all recent accounting and tax legislation and regulations
• Advanced MS Office knowledge, especially Excel
• Previous Pantheon ERP working experience is an asset
• Fluent in English - both written and spoken
• Initiative, proactive, hardworking and ambitious
• Goal-oriented, flexible and able to work independently
• Responsible and organized with excellent analytical skills
• Team player striving for self-development and developing of others
What’s in it for you?
• The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company, a proud winner of Deloitte’s “The Fast 50” award (which we won two times in a row!)
• An important role in a company of 150 employees
• Competitive salary
• Excellent work-life balance which is our best-rated quality among employees
• Employee recognition, awards, and gifts
• Personal and professional growth and development opportunities
• Various perks and benefits such as flexible working hours, different events, and sports activities
If you find this job ad appealing, you think we're a match and would like to join our GETI team, feel free to apply.
For more information about the company, check our website out.
Please send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org mail.